History

In September 1964, St. Philip Catholic School was opened under the supervision of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Chestnut Hill, Pennsylvania.

In 1989, the original school sadly saw the departure of the Sisters of Saint Joseph after 26 years of dedicated service. That year we also saw a first for our diocese with the reorganization of St. Philip Catholic School with neighboring Saint Anthony's under its new title “Corpus Christi.”

Effective July 1, 2018, Corpus Christi School, a single school serving two parishes, will become two separate schools, each led by its own pastor and supported by its own parish.

Since 1990, Corpus Christi School has served the parishes of St. Anthony of Padua and St. Philip in Falls Church – on two different campuses.

Starting July 1, 2018, Corpus Christi School will separate and become two schools.

  • The early childhood center located at St. Philip will become St. Philip Early Childhood Center serving students ages 2-5 .
  • The elementary campus will become St. Anthony's School, serving students K-8.  

The two schools aim to keep their bond by offering a shuttle bus between the two campuses and the older children can use extended day at the ECC if it is more convenient for the parents.


“The establishment of two parish schools will allow an even stronger connection between parish and school life.”

Dr. Jennifer Bigelow, Superintendent
Catholic Diocese of Arlington


 

1954

2018